2011 McClatchy Symposium
Does Public Broadcasting Have a Future?
An esteemed group of individuals with personal experience and great understanding of the public broadcasting industry discuss the future of the service that seems to very much be on the defensive. Plagued by budget cuts, political vilification, and private competition, public broadcasting seems to be losing its foothold as a major means of media.
- Tim Olson, Vice President, Media and Education, KQED
- Dan Werner, Executive Producer, MacNeil/Lehrer Productions
- Ulrich Wilhelm, Director General, Bavarian Broadcasting
- Shanto Iyengar, Chandler Professor of Communication, Professor of Political Science, Stanford Unviersity
- Gerhard Casper (Moderator), President Emeritus, Stanford University